Connect with like-minded in Cryos’ Facebook group ‘Family Dreams’
Which MOT is best for my kind of fertility treatment? Which day should I order to have the sperm at the time of my ovulation? Do any of you have tips for how I can increase my fertility and get pregnant faster? These are some of the many questions asked by members in our Facebook group ‘Family Dreams – Cryos DK’.
The group was started in March 2018 and by January 2019 it has reached 1.400 members. From the beginning, the group members have been very active and there are now over 400 posts and over 5.000 comments by people, mostly women, from countries like UK, Spain, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Portugal, Italy and Denmark. Besides from questions like the ones mentioned above, the group members have also used the group to share pictures of ovulation tests, pregnancy tests (both positive and negative) and of course of beautiful donor-conceived children. It is a delight to see!
A kind and supportive community
The hope for the group, from Cryos‘ side, has been to create a kind and supportive environment where people can ask practical and vulnerable questions about fertility treatment – and where they can share both ups and downs from their journeys towards parenthood. We are very pleased that the group has evolved into exactly that.
If you are not already a member of Family Dreams, we recommend you to join and engage in the conversation. The group is a group for you – single or in a relationship – who dream of having a family and who need help from a sperm donor to achieve that dream. No matter if you are still in the consideration process, if you have become pregnant with donor sperm, or if you have already started your family, you are more than welcome! Join the group here.
Rules and group culture guidelines
Needing help to have a child, no matter the reason, is a personal and often vulnerable matter. Our wish for Family Dreams is to create a nice space where you feel free to ask questions and talk about your thoughts and journey towards parenthood. Therefore, we kindly ask all group members to abide by the following rules and group culture guidelines:
- Be kind, supportive and respectful. This group should be a guards-down and nice place to be.
- Respect diversity and that people might choose a different path in life than you. Please, make constructive comments and posts.
- Don’t be afraid to ask. We, Cryos, and your co-members of the group would love to help, guide and support you.
- Make room for the relevant content, questions, and discussions by avoiding posting promotional posts and advertising. That being said, if anyone asks for guidance, you are of course welcome to make relevant recommendations. Just remember your common sense and respect the community.
- To protect donor anonymity, it’s not permitted to search for parents or children related to a specific donor in this group.
See you in (your) Family Dreams!